Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Copywriter / Copywriter
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,400 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Sr. Copywriter / Copywriter
The Creative Services Copywriter crafts engaging copy that connects with consumers and businesses across multiple channels, including print, television, digital, and social. This creative professional applies expert knowledge and hands-on experience to collaborate with teams to develop concepts and campaigns to drive demand, enrollments, and brand strength.
This experienced writer has the attention to detail to produce error-free content that aligns to brand voice and standards. They can balance multiple projects at once and seamlessly contribute to a variety of assets in the company’s marketing mix. Reporting to the Creative Director, this proven professional shares a focus on educating our audiences on our best-in-class customer experience to keep our brand top of mind, and you will have a significant role in helping us achieve that goal.
The qualified candidate brings a broad range of experience and skills:
Level 1 – Copywriter
- Good knowledge of advertising and branding principles for creating effective and compelling communications
- Delivers concept-driven creative copy across all media channels including print, web, and broadcast
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, while executing multiple projects within the assigned and sometime short deadlines
- Works with the creative team and external partners to develop campaign themes and concepts, based on a deep understanding of objectives, strategies, and target audiences
- Interprets creative direction and adapts points from creative briefs into persuasive and educational messaging for a variety of deliverables
- Collaborates with marketing management, stakeholders, partners and other content creators to monitor and align voice, tone, and messaging across lines of business and campaigns
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills with knowledge of grammar, punctuation, AP Style and helps to build error-free materials that adhere to company’s style guidelines
Level 2 – Sr. Copywriter
- Performs Level 1 responsibilities
- Able to skillfully present to senior/executive level management
- Able to champion development and execution of critical campaigns, programs and initiatives
- Able to identify, mitigate or resolve challenging situations with little or no management involvement.
- Understands how management thinks and uses this information to further the success of a project.
- Engages with design lead and agencies to ensure on-brand execution of campaign deliverables
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.