Bayless Healthcare Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
at Bayless Healthcare Group
Bayless Integrated Healthcare is committed to improving lives and transforming healthcare. We utilize our Core Values as the foundation for all we do:
Compassion: Compassion is the humane quality of understanding the needs of others, and wanting to do something about it. We show kindness and a willingness to help others. We always show compassion for our colleagues, our patients and our community.
Adaptable: The ability of our team to adapt to different environments, conditions and changes is imperative to deliver high quality care. Adaptable people are open to others while realizing the impact of their own words, tone and body language on others.
Innovative: Our team must have creative and critical thinking in order to introduce new ideas. Our commitment is creative a comprehensive healthcare delivery system like nothing done, experienced or created before.
Reliable: As a patient and community centric organization, being reliable is of the utmost importance. In order to achieve results, we must have a team comprised of consistent and trustworthy individuals that can be counted on to follow through.
Relentless: We have an unwavering commitment to improve the healthcare system, disrupt the status quo, and create a better community. We are driven individuals that exemplify intensity and the pursuit of excellence. A strong work ethic and enthusiasm are necessary in order to help our patients, improve our community, and accomplish our goals.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides treatment for patients with psychiatric illnesses along the lifespan in an outpatient setting. Treatment includes assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating the patient care among a multi-disciplinary team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responds to and initiates care for those requiring mental health services throughout Bayless facilities.
- Identifies patient mental health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician.
- Implements mental health services utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a psychiatrist.
- Provides mental health education to patients, healthcare and medical staff.
- Provide health/behavioral health assessment (including differential diagnoses, prognosis), treatment recommendations and treatment planning for clients across program types.
- Provide medication management for clients on medication and intermittent reassessment (as needed) for those assessed (but not on medication). Medication provision includes the direct delivery of injectables.
- Provide counseling, brief therapy, psychoeducation about health/behavioral health and other care for clients as planned by the treatment team and to support the treatment plan of the client. Participate in case reviews and contribute to treatment planning goal setting.
- Provide consultations to non-medical staff on complex cases
- Communicate with health care providers outside of the agency and interpretation of health results for client care planning.
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing and a nurse practitioner master’s degree with focus on psychiatric nursing
- Three to five years’ clinical experience preferred
- Must have fluency in documenting into an electronic medical record
- Must have active CPR and First Aid certifications
- Strong project management skills, including complex projects resulting in measurable program growth
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a valid fingerprint clearance card and have a recent tuberculosis test on file
- Superior analytical and problem solving abilities required
Tools and Equipment Requirements
- The ability to use a phone, computer, printer, and copier is required.
- Frequent use of Microsoft office products, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use the internet and various web browser software is required.
Physical Working Conditions and Office Setting Description
- Some travel required to field locations to facilitate execution of responsibilities. Must provide proof of a valid driver’s license, valid auto insurance with, at minimum, state required insurance levels.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, stooping, or stretching.
- Some lifting may be required.
- Frequent and prolonged typing and frequent and prolonged operation of computer, keyboard, and telephones required.
- Requires occasional use of fax machines, telephones, copiers, and other office equipment.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.