Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parent Aide - Exempt
at Arizona's Children Association
Are you looking for a rewarding career that will change people's lives? Do you have a passion for making an impact on your community? As a Parent Aide with Arizona's Children Association, that's what you'll do everyday. **Bachelor’s in Human Services or directly related degree and 2 years' experience working in the Human Service Field required**
Parent Aide services will include the arrangement and supervision of visitation between children in out of home placements and their parents, siblings or significant others. The program provides a range of instruction, assistance, and support services to parents to improve their skills and ability to fulfill parenting roles and responsibilities.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our Team!
- Engages children, caregivers and parents in a manner that is, respectful, trauma informed and supports the goal of family reunification.
- Arranges for and supervises visitation between children in out of home care and their parent(s)/family member(s).
- Follows ADCS (Arizona Department of Child Safety) direction as to the location, frequency, duration and who may be present during the visit.
- Is present during the entire visit to ensure the safety and welfare of the child(ren).
- Ensures that all contact occurring during the entire visit between the child and the parent(s) or family member(s) is within the Parent Aide's hearing and sight at all times, and that discussions are audible and understandable to the Parent Aide.
- Observes, monitors, and assesses the client's parenting skills, and provides guidance and/or coaching as needed while client is interacting with their child(ren), and/or when there is opportunity to reinforce learned behaviors.
- Ensures that visitation occurs at times that are convenient to children, families, including evenings and weekends.
- Develops and maintains documentation of client interactions, including the child’s reactions before, during and after visitation.
- Maintains client records and files in a complete and efficient manner, meeting all required deadlines.
- Utilizes community, social, education and recreational resources to assist client in obtaining services for themselves and their family.
- Provides transportation for children to and from the visitation, as needed.
- Must be able to safely and effectively monitor client activities, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Communicates professionally and regularly with assigned ADCS Specialist in regards to the parent/caregivers visitation and/or skills sessions.
- Attend Child Family Team Meetings and other meetings as requested by ADCS or Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s in Human Services or directly related degree.
- 2 years’ experience working in the Human Service Field.
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Must be 25 years of age to operate an agency vehicle.
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel).
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
- Have a clear Central Registry Background Check and a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card prior to delivering services, which is to be reviewed and updated annually.
- Must pass the driving clearance upon hire and on a bi-annual basis
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer