Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hybrid Intake Clinician
at Arizona's Children Association
When working with Arizona's Children Association, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to protecting children, empowering youth and strengthening families. As an Intake Clinician with Arizona's Children Association, some of your duties would include being responsible for completing a set number of comprehensive intake assessments for our site while maintaining a smaller caseload of families. You would also be responsible for clinical evaluation and assessment of clients and their family’s situation, providing group and/or individual therapy, either in the client’s home or at the agency depending on program and/or assignment; maintain clinical files and complete required progress reports. Work and cooperate with school programs, referral agencies and other outside resources.
Arizona's Children Association offers a flexible schedule with generous time off, medical, dental and vision benefits!
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Conducts a comprehensive psychosocial assessment and makes treatment recommendations, summarizes primary presenting issues, identifies child/family strengths, and formulates a diagnosis based on this initial interview.
* Builds rapport and credibility simultaneously with varying member/age groups. Relates to variety of individuals with warmth, empathy, acceptance and humor.
* Develops interim service plans that identify the next steps taken after intake by the provider and person/family, and what issues are to be addressed for ongoing assessment.
* Provides effective crisis assessment including the following of program triage protocol, arranging for emergency psychiatric evaluation/hospitalization as indicated by protocol, provides for follow-up, normalizes situation, discusses options and handles situation calmly.
* If no behavioral health problem exists, refers client to an appropriate community resource.
* Conducts educational activities that promote client understanding of treatment services, including therapy, behavior management, psychiatric evaluations, medication, diagnosis, parenting skills.
* Performs duties with knowledge and skill in group processes, establishes group commitment to common goals, establishes an environment of mutual respect and understanding.
* Performs duties using knowledge and skill in assessment and diagnosis utilizing DSM-IV criteria.
* Understands human development and family life cycle in children and families and demonstrates application of this knowledge in assessment and diagnosis.
* Maintains clinical records in a timely manner according to standards.
* Attends all intake department staff meetings, participates in process of improving admissions procedures, and in assessing quality and effectiveness of intake services.
* Participates in in-service training and educational opportunities outside the agency as required and as time and resources permit.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Intake Supervisor.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Master Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* Arizona Licensure (LISAC, LMSW, etc) highly preferred
* Arizona state license/certification required.
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Able to operate common office equipment and have word processing computer skills.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer