Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Resources Specialist II
at Arizona's Children Association
Responsible for providing behavior management support and training to clients and families. Position assesses the family’s need for support, training and additional services; acts as the program liaison to community and provider agencies; and provides crisis intervention as assigned.
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Conducts family and individual client strengths and ongoing needs assessments utilizing program specific protocol to monitor progress of the client and family as evidenced by record review, supervision and observations.
* Engages with the family through face to face interactions to build trust, encourage hope and ensure ongoing engagement in behavioral health services.
* Supports the development and implementation of effective, strength based, family centered plans with focus on parenting skills and behavior management techniques.
* Completes and monitors documentation of clients’ records in accordance to agency and funding source requirements, including tracking of authorizations and contract deliverables, maintaining timely progress notes, foster parent licensure and all clinical records.
* Provides effective crisis management by triage and stabilizing emergency situations and effectively uses de-escalation techniques.
* Designs behavioral contracts with clients and families as necessary.
* Provides effective discharge planning.
* Supports or provides educational activities that promote client understanding of treatment issues.
* Collaborate with community partners to effectively help family develop natural supports and resources
* Provides services in the community, in home, in school or work that may be outside of normal business hours, utilizing program specific protocol.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university preferred.
* Minimum 1-year experience working in the behavioral health field with children.
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience to be able to perform the essential functions is required.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer