Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Foster Relationship Specialist
at Arizona Humane Society
Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. We offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Foster Relationship Specialist builds and maintains relationships with our Foster Heroes in a role that is built like a case manager. Each Foster Relationship Specialist will have their own pool of fosters to work with and they will be the point of contact for those fosters throughout their time with AHS. Foster Relationship Specialist supports our fosters with processing new applications, matching them with the right foster pet for their lifestyle and home, offering timely phone and email support, providing an excellent experience at every visit, and assistance with scheduling appointments and coordinating the pickup and return of foster pets. Foster Relationship Specialists also play a vital role in supporting our medical teams with administering basic health checks, vaccines, and blood draws for the foster pets who are in their pool of pets to serve. This person will have exceptional customer service experience, properly follow medical policies and procedures, has strong communication skills and is able to adjust and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain relationships with assigned pool of AHS Foster Heroes using relationship management software.
- Work with Foster Heroes to understand their needs for a foster pet and help identify the right pet for their home and lifestyle.
- Work in multiple software systems and be proficient in Microsoft Office, email management and personal calendars.
- Manage vaccine and return appointments for assigned Foster Heroes; administer vaccines, blood draws, TPR and obtain the current weight of foster pets during vaccine and foster return appointments.
- Support team members with their appointments as needed.
- Answer incoming emails, calls and text messages in a timely and courteous manner.
- Support Foster Heroes with questions and concerns regarding their foster pet. Recognize foster emergencies and maintain strong communication with medical team.
- Schedule appointments for assigned pool of Foster Heroes. Track no-show appointments and contact Foster Hero to re-schedule if appropriate.
- Gather supplies and foster packets for foster pickups and as needed at request of foster parent.
- Provide professional feedback to Foster Heroes to ensure excellent care of the pets while in their homes.
- Work with management in times where a Foster Hero is upset.
- Help stock pet pantry and supply areas as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Basic knowledge of animals, animal handling and basic tech experience preferred, but can be trained if no past experience.
- Must possess excellent telephone and customer service skills, externally as well as internally and present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be able to handle a multiple line telephone system.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English and complete paperwork accurately and legibly. Bilingual helpful.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical skills. Understanding of cash handling operations required.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Windows Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary. Proficiency with or able to learn/use Chameleon software (for use with animals in a shelter environment). Familiarity with computer data entry is preferred
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance. Access to reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.