Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona Humane Society
Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. We offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence.
Do you have a passion working with pets and people? In Admissions, we strive to provide an excellent experience every time. An Admissions Specialist assists with the intake of owned and stray animals, provides surrender prevention resources when possible, and end of life services when needed. We also support our Field Operations team when they refer pets to be surrendered over-the-counter including large-scale intakes, as well as sick and injured animals. In addition, we provide return to owner services and help pet owners find their lost pets. An Admissions Specialist is a key AHS storyteller and will educate and inspire action by sharing our mission and values.
- Provide an excellent experience every time to internal & external customers in a timely and courteous, professional manner.
- Provide walk-throughs for those looking for lost pets, provide resources and educate the public on steps to find their pet or reunite a found pet.
- Upon check-in for appointment, record the concern, perform medical exam including TPR, obtain the current weight and vaccinate.
- Provide resources for rehoming during surrender appointments and at the front desk for walk-ins.
- Review animal profiles and determine if animals are suitable for adoption.
- Collect admissions fees and solicit donations.
- Relay information from pet owners/finders to the Veterinarian on duty or Trauma Tech.
- Enter in all medical and behavior notes into our animal database (Chameleon).
- Tell our story! Act as a voice for AHS and relay our mission and vision during check out.
- Pull Admission reports daily i.e Med Tech to Dispo list, animals without photos and bite reports, ID Check and RTO report.
- Answer incoming Admission calls and emails in a professional and compassionate tone.
- Assist with end of life and aftercare services including collecting fees, offering paws of remembrance and paw prints.
- Keep a positive, empathetic tone when the outcome of a pet is not a positive one.
- Assist good Samaritans who found or lost a pet. This also includes assisting with the coordination of a return to owner and microchip clearing.
- Take photos and/or videos of pets reunited with their owners to share their heartwarming stories on social media or internally.
- Collaborate with the Pet Resource Center team on surrender prevention and customer experience efforts.
- Restock and deep clean Admissions lobby, exam rooms, and internal/external surrounding areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must love working with pets and people.
- Spanish bilingual required.
- Minimum one year providing exemplary customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution skills required.
- Must be able to operate in a fast paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records. Chameleon experience a plus!
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- High school diploma/GED
Experience: Call center, medical facility, animal shelter, human shelter, non-profit sector, customer service, sales, animal welfare
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language Able to speak, read, write and understand English and Spanish.
Mathematical Understanding of cash handling operations required.
Technical Data entry.
Other: Regular attendance, punctuality and access to reliable transportation required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. There may be occasional wet floors, animal noises, odors, and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.