ARIZONA HEALTH CARE COST CONTAINMENT SYSTEM Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 08/21/2020
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
JOB SUMMARY: The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual organized self-starter to join our team as a senior level Accountant. This position monitors financial data and allocation bases to ensure compliance with and optimal utilization of the Cost Allocation Plan. Prepares the quarterly administrative expenditure claims reporting for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Identifies and/or prepares manual adjustments to cost allocation as necessary. Prepares and maintains supporting documentation for audit purposes. Takes a lead role in the design and implementation of the Chart of Accounts set-up and maintenance of the statewide accounting system. Oversees the financial reporting and accounting of AHCCCS’ capitalized fixed assets. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Working with considerable independence managing the design, development and maintenance of the transaction coding profile elements necessary to enable an automated production of accrual and modified accrual basis financial statements within the statewide accounting system.
* Develops and maintains the Agency’s Chart of Accounts by adding and or modifying the AFIS accounting code structure to ensure all revenues, expenditures and transfer transactions are accurately recorded in a logical and reportable format.
?? Assists with maintaining the AHCCCS Internal Cost Allocation Plan (CAP) as required to comply with Federal and State regulations as defined in 2 CFR Part 200 and Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) and legislative session law. Maintains supporting documentation and schedules for Title XIX and Title XXI programs and State match funding allocations.
* Provides supervision, training and directs the work of one Accountant for processing of interagency transfers to ensure they are accurate and are in accordance with CMIA guidelines. Monitors spreadsheets to track activity and confirms they are updated timely.
* Oversees the agency’s fixed asset system including both Federal and State financial reporting requirements and accounting for purchases, retirements, physical inventory processes and required agency policy revision.
* Performs professional work of greater than average difficulty and responsibility due to the unusual, unique and complex State and Federal tracking and reporting requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): * Comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State laws, regulations and policies governing AHCCCS’ programs as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Arizona Revised Statutes, State Accounting Rules (Arizona Accounting Manual), and AHCCCS administrative policies and procedures. This position works independently applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Financial Accounting Standards Boards (FASB) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) theories and concepts in a state governmental environment.
* Detail-oriented with strong written and oral communication skills to document processes and communicate effectively on technical matters with both internal and external customers.
* Supervisory techniques related to organization and management of staff workers. * Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, Google email and calendar applications, ERP financial accounting systems and data warehouse applications.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret financial and statistical data.
* Advanced accounting, financial statement preparation and audit coordination experience.
SELECTIVE PREFERENCE(S): * Knowledge for this position will be gained through a combination of formal education, training and experience as follows:
* Formal education as evidenced by a Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or a related field.
* Two years of supervisory experience overseeing the work of others in the field of accounting.
* Training should be geared towards healthcare principles and regulations related to Title XIX and Title XXI programs.
* A minimum of four years of accounting work experience in governmental or related financial accounting. Preferred experience will include accounting experience obtained in the healthcare field.
BENEFITS At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
Please apply for this position by following the link provided below. A new window will open on your screen and you will be directed to the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) employment website.