Rise Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Residential Assistant Director - Eugene
at Rise Services, Inc.
RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in home and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 30 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE is currently seeking a creative and results-oriented Residential Assistant Director to oversee 3-5 residential group homes in the Eugene and, potentially, Albany areas. This role supervises our Residential Coordinators in effectively supporting the individuals we serve, and providing ongoing training and team development. This position will require an eye for quality assurance and detail, strong leadership abilities, reliable follow through, and a passion for serving our community. This position strives to provide the highest quality of life, while ensuring that all health and safety needs are met, for the individuals we serve. Strong interpersonal, relationship building, teamwork, and networking skills are a must.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Screen initial interest phone calls and emails. Field all intake material/referral documentation and assign cases to your team.
- Utilize our internal systems to process referrals, ensuring all steps are complete prior to services beginning.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to Coordinators in regards to maintenance of caseload, documentation, licensing compliance, and professional development. Ensure accountability of Coordinators to perform essential job functions. Serve as a role model and resource to Coordinators, including demonstration of work duties, professional mannerisms, written feedback, problem solving, crisis intervention, and training of employees.
- Maintain professional support and relationship with funding sources and families within your region. Serve as mediation to address customer concerns and feedback. This can include assistance in responding to crisis situations or crisis referrals.
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding RISE policies and procedures, company changes, and the types of supports RISE provides in their region/district.
- Represent RISE in a professional and knowledgeable manner when interacting with people in the community and others associated with RISE.
- Participate with the people RISE supports by interacting with them in a positive manner with dignity and respect.
- Adhere to budgetary guidelines, including accountability for use of program funds. Assist with invoicing, billing, and aging processes on a monthly basis. Review program budget as needed.
- Conduct and attend internal meetings with Coordinators, Behavior Consultants, Administrative Assistants, and Residential Services management teams
- Assures that programs meet licensing/quality assurance requirements
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in the field of social services, developmental disabilities, mental health, child development, and/or other related fields or equivalent and two (2) years of supervisory experience in the field; or four (4) years’ experience in the field and two (2) years supervisory experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience monitoring programs/systems for quality assurance.
- Familiarity with the principles of social services and the implementation of state licensing requirements.
- Familiarity of medical and psychological terminology, teaching principles, human behavior or principles and psychology useful and appropriate for different diagnosis.
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision.
- Able to complete a background check and obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must pass a criminal background check, pre-employment drug test, be 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to the specific job task required, including appropriate telephone etiquette and skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation and interpret all policy and licensing rules.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Ability to take initiative to make process and program improvements.
- Ability to create opportunities for and within the Residential Department.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to travel as needed.
This a Full-Time salaried position and benefits include family medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay, and 403B saving and retirement plan.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.