Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Summer Behavior Specialist
at Arc Broward
The Summer Behavior Specialist participates as a member of the child’s interdisciplinary team in the identification and development of strategies to promote acquisition, reduction and/or elimination of targeted behaviors and is responsible for the provision of Behavior Analysis Services for the children in the ABLE Summer Camp Program. The Summer Behavior Specialist also develops Individual Behavior Support Plans, provides coaching and monitoring of staff implementation and data for consistency, progress, and treatment efficacy; assists with crisis intervention.
For more than 60 years Arc Broward has worked hand-in-hand with our community, changing how people with disabilities and other life challenges are embraced and included. This critical work ensures that people with disabilities, not only live, learn, work, and play in their communities, but more importantly, thrive. Arc Broward operates at 10 locations and provides 21 programs throughout Broward County, including its three pioneering Social Enterprises - Arc Educates, Arc Culinary and Arc Tech.
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team! Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, entrepreneurial individuals who want to have an impact on other people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Conduct an investigation of identified target behaviors and make recommendations regarding prescribed courses of action, which may include necessary medical evaluations, environmental accommodations and behavioral interventions
- Conduct comprehensive functional assessments and functional analyses of identified problem behaviors through record review, interviews, observations, data analysis and manipulation of antecedent and consequent conditions.
- Establish baseline measurement methods and monitor the data for stability, validity and reliability; actively participate in each child’s Interdisciplinary Team Program Planning Conference by presenting assessment findings and contributing to the development of the plan.
- Develop individualized programs, which include acquisition and reduction procedures related to the functions of the target behavior.
- Monitor the progress of each individual through analysis of data and ensure procedural modifications are made as warranted
- Evaluate environmental conditions and ensure that the physical and social environment promotes learning, growth, socialization and stability
- Ensure that activity schedules and curriculum promote learning, growth, socialization and stability; demonstrate and model effective and therapeutic interaction strategies which reinforce adaptive behavior.
- Provide training and monitoring of each behavior program to ensure consistency and accuracy of implementation of procedures and recording of data
- Provide initial and ongoing staff training in Applied Behavior Analysis principles, practices and techniques.
- Supports the development and maintenance of child/family support networks through outreach to family members, community members and professionals.
- Successfully promotes public relations by educating community members about persons with disabilities and the organization’s mission and advocating for the rights and responsibilities individuals with disabilities.
- Responsibly ensures that children supported are safe and living healthy lives by monitoring safety issues; practicing appropriate emergency and behavioral procedures; responding to emergencies; promoting children’s rights regarding health and safety; and participating in emergency disaster preparedness.
- Analyze outcome data and generate outcome measurement reports that identify performance trends, barriers, and quality improvement activities/recommendations.
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Behavior Analysis or related field
- Minimum 1 year related experience
- Must meet eligibility requirements for BcaBA
- BCaBA Preferred
Rate of Pay:
- $17.00 / Hour
- 9:00am -5:00pm
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities