Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arc Broward
Hiring now exceptional Maintenance Technician to join our team! A successful candidate will perform all expected tasks with maximum accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
The Maintenance Technician will perform routine and emergency repairs (interior-exterior) on commercial buildings, houses, and grounds. Maintain inventory of all tools, materials, equipment and supplies. Prioritize work-orders and complete with minimum supervision in a timely manner. Participate in disaster preparedness, emergency maintenance and evacuation process. Responds to directives given by facilities manager, facilities coordinator and members of leadership team.
For more than 60 years Arc Broward has worked hand-in-hand with our community, changing how people with disabilities and other life challenges are embraced and included. This critical work ensures that people with disabilities, not only live, learn, work, and play in their communities, but more importantly, thrive. Arc Broward operates at 10 locations and provides 21 programs throughout Broward County, including its three pioneering Social Enterprises - Arc Educates, Arc Culinary and Arc Tech.
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team! Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, entrepreneurial individuals who want to have an impact on other people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Provide monthly fire, safety, and health inspections.
- Maintain physical plant in good working order (i.e., heating, and air-conditioning units, electrical fixtures, plumbing, furniture, appliances, and miscellaneous items).
- Test and document results of fire and smoke alarms on a monthly basis.
- Paint and panel as necessary.
- Maintain grounds including sprinkler system and outdoor lights.
- Maintain carpets and floors in good condition.
- Recommend supplies and equipment needed for the proper maintenance of building and grounds.
- Provide oversight of contractual work performed and report status to supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years related experience
- Ability to work independently
- Effective communication skills
- Must pass pre-employment Level 2 criminal background check and drug screen
- Capable of standing, walking, lifting heavy objects, operating medium weight cleaning equipment
- Must be available to respond to emergencies.
Monday – Friday 10:30am - 6:30pm
On-call every 3rd weekend of the month
Must be available to work nights and weekends
Arc Broward offers a wide range of benefits for our full time employees. Part time employees are also eligible for some of our benefits after a full year of employment!
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Health Insurance Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision. *Includes Domestic Partner
- Supplemental life insurance benefits
- Short term and Long term disability
- Over five-weeks Paid Time Off plan for employees in their 1st year of employment & paid holidays.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- 403b Plan contribution opportunity from day 1 of employment. Employer match after 6 months of employment.
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities