Arapahoe County Sheriff
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary Ballot Processing Judge
at Arapahoe County Sheriff
Elections Ballot Processing Judges assist in receiving and processing ballots at the Arapahoe County Elections Warehouse, and may assist with specialized functions such as signature verification, tabulation and adjudication.
Note: This is a seasonal position with variable working hours based on business needs.
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
- May assist in receiving ballots collected from drop-off boxes and Voter Service and Polling Centers (VSPCs).
- May assist in verifying voter signatures on returned ballots.
- May assist in processing UOCAVA ballots and paperwork.
- May assist with correspondence and documentation relating to curing ballot discrepancies.
- May assist with ballot opening and removal from the returned mail ballot packet.
- May assist with the tabulation, adjudication and counting of voted ballots.
Skills & Abilities:
- Personal communication skills enabling courteous and diplomatic interactions and working relationships with elections staff and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to focus on a single task for extended periods of time.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to accurately sort, file, and review documents.
- Ability to perform data entry, voter information retrieval, cross referencing, and copying.
- Ability to use personal mobile phone for daily communication with supervisor.
- Knowledge of Agilis Automatic Signature Recognition software, SCORE database or tabulation equipment, a plus.
- Experience with ballot processing, a plus.
- Consistently punctual.
- Flexible, willing to work varying hours, and overtime or weekends, when necessary.
- Attentive to detail.
- Exhibits professionalism and works well with others.
- Follows instructions and responds well to management direction.
- Maintains a clean workspace.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and work product.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Applicants must be 18 or older
- Applicants must be registered to vote in Colorado
- This position requires successful completion of pre-employment background check.
- Supplemental Information
- Receives immediate supervision from Elections Operations employees or area Leads. May also receive supervision from the Elections Operations Manager or the Deputy of Elections.
- Contacts are generally with Election Operations employees and with other ballot processing judges, but may include elected officials or members of the public. Contacts require the ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Work is confined to a standard office and warehouse setting.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- Spends 80% of each day sitting and another 20% either walking or standing.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication, as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling use of the office equipment.
- Visual capacity enabling operation of office and computer equipment.
- Occasionally lifts or carries up to 50 lbs.
Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: Activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (i.e. uploading or attaching documents to your online application), call NEOGOV technical support at 855-524-5627. Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application, first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and second, close the document before you attempt uploading (attaching) it.