Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Relationship Events Coordinator
at Alzheimer's Association
The Relationship Events Coordinator is an administrative support position for the Alzheimer’s Association, Delaware Valley Chapter. Responsibilities will be concentrated in the area of Relationship Events to include the coordination of multiple projects such as a signature gala and cultivation events designed to attract targeted audiences representing a wide cross-section of supporters. Duties include committee support; logistical planning; onsite implementation coordination and associated administrative, clerical and customer service functions; data input and database management; and report generation. This position involves significant collaborative efforts with staff and volunteers. The incumbent will assist in the coordination of projects in various functional areas including administration/operations, communications, and development to ensure the Chapter is able to successfully achieve its goals, primarily in revenue generation.
This position reports to the Director of Relationship Events and is based in Philadelphia, PA.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve in a support role to help facilitate data entry and output, as needed. This includes, but is not limited to: corporate sponsorship and individual donor benefits and invoice tracking.
- Provide administrative support and coordination for development mailings including special event invitations, RSVP lists, solicitation requests and follow-up, thank you letters and other similar projects.
- Utilize GiveSmart fundraising and event planning platform to support event committees and assigned skills-based volunteers with event logistics and daily administration - communications, facilities, décor, catering, vendors, entertainment, supplies, attendee tracking, auction items acquisition and tracking.
- Provide customer service and fulfillment needs for participants, donors and volunteers, including answering development and organization inquiries, accepting and tracking donations and completing mailings.
- Provide administrative and coordination support for events including updating Relationship Events web pages led by Marketing and Communications (MarCom) team, and organize and coordinate information to support MarCom with event related communications and collateral.
- Provide other clerical and administrative support as needed for Relationship Events activities such as obtaining facility diagrams, coordinating seat assignments, generating registration lists, etc.
- Maintain a demeanor that attracts, motivates, supports, and retains high quality volunteers who are committed to contributing to the Chapter. Work with Director to provide supervision and training to assigned volunteers. Track volunteer hours in Volgistics. Play a support role prior to, during, and following committee meetings.
- Conduct research to assist Director with sponsor/donor vetting.
- Serve as a member of the staff team participating in the execution of the strategic plan, operational plan, and coordinating with other members.
- Other duties as required and appropriately assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experienced.
- 1-3 years of experience in administrative roles and coordinating multi-layered projects.
- Experience in event planning and implementation, business, secretarial science, administrative support and/or a similar field.
- Extensive computer skills including Google docs and fluency with Microsoft Office package. High level of proficiency in Excel is a must. Expertise with office equipment and procedures are also required.
- Effective written communication skills, including English usage, grammar, and spelling. Ability to compose general business correspondence with high level of accuracy.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and effective oral communication and customer service capabilities. Ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Work history reflecting dependability, accuracy with details, and time/deadline management. Ability to maintain precise records, prepare accurate detail-oriented reports, and coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
- Effective logistical coordination skills and the ability to successfully manage stress while remaining focused on multiple tasks at hand.
- Flexibility and capability to effectively and efficiently handle last-minute schedule changes and changing directives with poise.
- Willingness and ability to represent Chapter at special events and participate in Relationship Events committee meetings three or more times per month - typically held in the evening.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and access to reliable, personal vehicle to meet minimal travel requirements.
- Occasional early morning, evening, and weekend work required.
- Position will require some travel via automobile.