Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
The Communications Manager will be responsible for executing and assisting with the development of internal and external public relations and marketing strategies to effectively deliver the Alzheimer’s Association messaging in North Carolina. This position will report to the VP of Communications and is based in Charlotte, NC.
In conjunction with the VP Communications, program, development, and advocacy teams from the Chapter:
- Assist in the maximizing of earned media impressions via approved public relations initiatives to promote all chosen Chapter activities, including:
- Supporting chapter PR leads in creating content for immediate and long-lead press releases.
- Assisting staff with regional media requests and pitching.
- Tracking of earned media impressions, stories developed, media engagements, and stories placed for the purpose of reporting and making recommendations for future strategies.
- Draft and publish online and electronic communication, including:
- Developing and executing an annual editorial calendar.
- Drafting and publishing enews.
- Drafting and publishing audience specific eblasts.
- Assisting other chapter staff, when needed, with department-specific eblasts.
- Assisting with maintenance of the chapter websites.
- Orchestrate approved social media strategy via multiple avenues, including:
- Creation and scheduling of original and curated content.
- Designing original images, videos, and campaigns.
- Tracking of social media impressions and analytics for the purpose of reporting and making recommendations for future strategies.
- Create or manage creation of marketing assets such as brochures, flyers, digital imagery, etc.
- Directly develop copy and graphically design marketing assets.
- Manage relationship with printers to produce assets.
- Work with external designer and printers to produce larger scale materials.
- Support the management and implementation of approved paid advertising strategy for all chosen Chapter activities, including:
- Creation of copy and graphic design of ads.
- Assisting in negotiation with advertisers to gain donated advertising in addition to paid.
- Tracking of paid media impressions for the purpose of reporting and making recommendations for future strategies.
- Carry primary or secondary responsibility for a development or volunteer initiative.
- Attend and offer assistance and support, when requested, at chapter programs and events.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 1-3 years experience in communications, public relations, marketing or similar experience.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be detail and deadline oriented.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations/information. Must continuously demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently, calmly, and efficiently in stressful situations.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite or InDesign required.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Windows Office products.
- Exposure to social media management platforms, Google Apps and mass mailing platforms (i.e. constant contact) a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to compose, edit, and interpret correspondence. Familiarity with AP Style usage a plus. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.