Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Career Transition Specialist-Albuquerque
Chances are you have heard of Job Corps. Do you know what we do or what we stand for? Now is the perfect time for you to learn more about our outstanding organization! Job Corps is the nations largest and most comprehensive residential, education and job training program for at-risk youth, ages 16 through 24. Since its inauguration in 1964, under the Economic Opportunity Act, Job Corps has provided more than 2 million disadvantaged young people with the integrated academic, vocational, and social skills training they need to gain independence and get quality, long-term jobs or further their education. Albuquerque Job Corps is a Career Development Services System. We are currently seeking a Career Transition Specialist who ensures all students that leave Job Corps as a graduate or former enrollee are engaged in a verified placement activity that meets DOL, Corporate and Center criteria, and have access to adequate transitional services.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Places all assigned graduates within the placement service period. Places thirty percent of graduates prior to separation. Places forty percent of graduates within thirty days of leaving the center. Verifies and obtains third party verification for placements.
- Maintains monthly contact with all assigned graduates, both placed and non-placed, to determine needs for placement services, facilitate upgrades, and promote placement retention.
- Ensures that students take a positive Q2 and Q4 survey.
- Promotes job development through employers, one-stops, and state employment agencies and career transition contractors.
- Develops new company linkages each month to hire graduates and place assignees prior to separation.
- Surveys employers with which assigned graduates are placed, and provides feedback to Job Corps regarding employer satisfaction.
- Maintains assessment and placement plan for each assigned graduate.
- Documents all placement services provided to each assigned graduate in CIS case notes.
- Provides referrals to and registers all assignees with one-stops, JTPA, and state employment agencies.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides students with placement readiness.
- Coaches graduates on interviewing skills and on placement search strategies.
- Identifies, locates, and makes referrals to transitional support services necessary for successful placement and retention.
- Participates in CMT.
- Provide support to the Career Development Services System (CDSS) department to ensure student job readiness.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field or Associate degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field, and 2 years related experience. Spanish speaking preferred.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- CPR/First Aid certifications
To submit your resume: email to Ruland.Henrietta@jobcorps.org, fax to 505-247-2523 or mail to Human Resources, 1500 Indian School Rd. NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104. Please include the Code number. 5958-183