Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chances are you have heard of Job Corps. Do you know what we do or what we stand for? Now is the perfect time for you to learn more about our outstanding organization! Job Corps is the nations largest and most comprehensive residential, education and job training program for at-risk youth, ages 16 through 24. Since its inauguration in 1964, under the Economic Opportunity Act, Job Corps has provided more than 2 million disadvantaged young people with the integrated academic, vocational, and social skills training they need to gain independence and get quality, long-term jobs or further their education. Albuquerque Job Corps is a Career Development Services System. We are currently seeking a Buyer who is responsible for planning procurement actions for all supplies, services, and construction projects requested in support of Center wide operations.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Responsible for the management of center procurement.
- Ensures all purchased actions are performed in accordance with applicable federal Acquisitions regulations (FAR), DOL, Corporate and Center policies.
- Communicates procurement procedures to all staff members involved in the purchase, receipt, custody, oversight, documentation, and/or inventory of materials and services.
- Establishes systems for the periodic self-evaluation of procurement activities to ensure integrity, accountability, and prevention of fraud, waste and abuse.
- Establishes systems to ensure all property, services, and supplies are procured in a cost-efficient manner and in accordance with government policies.
- Tracks spending of staff each month.
- Provides feedback for over/under spending.
- Notifies the Center Director of repairs/cost above routine expenditures.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explores innovative ways to incorporate procurement into the students’ academic, CTT and leisure time learning.
- Ensures equipment assigned to the department is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition.
- Monitors budget and related areas for assigned department and maintains spending limits as applicable.
- Participates in CMT, ensures that all staff participate in CMT.
- Provide support to the Career Development Services System (CDSS) department to ensure student job readiness.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
Required Education and Experience:
- HSD/GED required.
- Experience working in procurement, purchasing or similar position.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- CPR certification.
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in related field with 2 years’ experience preferred.
- Experience working with youth.
To submit your resume: Go to Alutiiq.com. Click on careers and filter for Albuquerque Job Corps or email to Ruland.Henrietta@jobcorps.org, fax to 505-247-2523 or mail to Human Resources, 1500 Indian School Rd. NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104. Please include the Code number. 5375-183