Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - Outpatient
at AllHealth Network
As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, you will be responsible for providing specialty health care and direct psychiatric services through comprehensive evaluation, diagnoses, and treatment of consumers. You will also ensure the correct administration of medications, monitoring the results of medicated treatments, preparing care plans, collaborating with attending psychiatrist to maximize efficiency of psychiatric services, including partial coverage in psychiatrist.
What you'll need:
- Master's Degree (MSN, MS, MS). Licensed in the State of Colorado as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist. Licensed Prescriber in the State of Colorado.
- Experience: Must have at least three years postmaster's direct clinical experience with adults psychiatric clients in a medical/mental health setting. Psychiatric nursing experience required. Must have knowledge and experience in working with psychiatric medications with both acute and chronically mentally ill clients.
- Provide medical services to individuals with a severe a persistent mental illness that have been unable or unwilling to access such services in the community.
- Refer assessment and treatment of consumer's medical conditions to Primary Care Physicians as need
- Maintain current knowledge of psychopharmacology including medication interaction through on-going collaboration and consultation with the psychiatrist.
- Assure comprehensive patient education when initiating and/or monitoring medication and assess and document the consumer's level of comprehension.
- Obtain medical histories and conduct physical examinations; diagnose, evaluate, treat and manage acute and chronic illnesses; order or perform diagnostic tests and interpret these tests; prescribe medications for acute and chronic illness; and provide some routine immunizations, and conduct follow-up checks of blood pressure, weight and glucose levels.
- Collaborate with the AllHealth Network client wellness project and will provide general medical and disease management education through that program.
- Function in an integrated role with behavioral health professionals to ensure teamwork, best practices, and continuity of care for consumers.
- Maintain data in order to ensure outcome measures are being met.
- Demonstrate good communication and professionalism with consumers, co-workers, and other outside agency personnel in order to provide high quality services and to enhance relationships.
- Complete all required documentation accurately, legibly, by established timelines, and to acceptable standards of practice.