Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pre-Sentence Re-Entry Navigator
at AllHealth Network
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM
Location: Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Douglas County Jail
The pre-sentence navigator provides screening and assessment to inmates to prioritize individuals with behavioral health needs requiring more assistance with case management prior to release. Assists inmates with connection to care and linkage to resources in the community to promote opportunity for successful reintegration.
The JBBS Program in the Douglas County Jail provides evidence-based treatment services to individuals who are incarcerated and who have been identified as having a substance use disorder and/or a mental health disorder. All participants request to be in the program. Staff in the jail provide assessment, individual, group and case management services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-Sentence Navigator will complete more thorough screening to identify clients with shorter length of stay and priority given to high utilizers (3 arrests in past year).
- Facilitate open referral process with inmates where transitional resource packets are shared, reviewed, competed as well as offer Brief Intervention Therapy as needed. More intensive case management provided on an ongoing basis. At any time, a staff member, mental health clinicians, an outside agency, and/or inmates can refer to receive services.
- Works collaboratively with our Collaborative Programs for Reintegration (CPR) group and meets every Wednesday morning for staffing. They typically include the following:
- Local community providers (AllHealth Network)
- Department of Human Services-Medicaid
- ARMOR- our jail medical vendor
- Community (Douglas County Cares program)
- Local employment workforce
- Other CJ stakeholders (pre-trial, re-entry, probation, public defenders, jail staff)
- Coordinate services with local community behavioral health providers prior to release of an inmate to ensure continuity of care. Make referral appointments based upon need and provide the appointment date to individual before release, most likely coordinating ride to treatment with deputies.
- Create a transition plan for clients releasing from custody. Will provide ongoing and as-needed case management to clients until upon release.
- Data reporting in OBH database.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- MA in behavioral health field
- Experience working in or with criminal justice systems.
- Assessment and understanding of mental health and substance use.
- Previous experience with case management and/or care coordination.
- Ability to engage difficult and resistant individuals.
- Strong organizational skills
Benefits & Perks for Employees Working 30 hours or more:
Our facility is approved by the Colorado Health Service Corps (CHSC), and we offer our employees the opportunity to participate in our Loan Repayment Program. Additionally, we provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Positive, collaborative team culture
- Competitive compensation structure
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings 401k, company match up to 50% of the first 6% contributed
- Excellent Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays Off
- Additional Benefits
AllHealth Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.