Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AllHealth Network
We are hiring for multiple positions in collaboration with the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office.
*Co-respond with deputies to calls that involve mental health and substance abuse crisis
*Provides mental health crisis interventions and connect community members with the right care at the right time
* Join an exciting and unique co-responder team passionate about making a difference
The CIT Co-Responder is embedded within the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office and will respond with deputies to calls for or from citizens who appear to have a mental health or substance use crisis.
The CIT Co- Responder will assist in engagement, de-escalation, safety assessment, and assess the immediate needs of the individual (housing, food, medications, psychiatric services, medical issues etc.) with the goal of crisis stabilization. These clinicians will also assist with linkage to appropriate mental health, substance abuse, and medical providers as appropriate.
Other responsibilities include participating in facilitation of CIT Training for law enforcement officers, complex case consultation, active problem solving, and accurate documentation.
This is a 40 hour work shift consisting of four, 10 hour days and three consecutive days off. Shifts mirror the deputy’s shifts. Evening and weekends are expected. Typical shifts are Monday through Thursday 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Monday through Thursday 2:00PM to midnight and Thursday through Sunday 3:00 PM to 1:00 AM. Shift differentials apply to hours after 7:00 PM.
- Work in an integrated team, co-located in the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office. This position will be 40 hours per week and will necessitate carrying a cell phone during work hours. Evenings and Weekends are an expectation of this position. Individuals must be able pass background checks and have a valid, non-restricted driver’s Driving is required for this position.
- Participation and successful completion of the 40-hour CIT Officer Training required within six months of hire.
- Must participate in departmental trainings as determined by ACSO and AllHHealth Network (radio, personal safety, etc).
- Must work effectively as a part of an interdisciplinary team, including CIT deputies, ACSO command staff and AllHealth Network departments in order to efficiently meet the needs of clients.
- Provide outreach to individuals in the community who are referred by CIT deputies when the co-responder is unavailable. Provide follow-up and crisis intervention as needed.
- Link and refer individuals to needed resources in the community.
- Provide and maintain accurate documentation of one's interventions with and for clients. This includes record keeping required by AllHealth Network within the electronic medical record. Must complete required documentation legibly, within established timelines, and to accepted standards of practice.
- Interface with the local law enforcement departments to provide education about the CIT Co-Responder program, mental illness and services that are available in the community.
- Work alongside deputies in order to facilitate a positive working relationship and to provide education and resources.
- Provide feedback to deputies that will acknowledge that their referrals to the CIT Co-Responder team are making a difference for consumers in their community.
- Expected to follow all AllHealth Network clinical policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including those related to confidentiality, release of information and record keeping.
- Expected to demonstrate customer service focus, good communication and professionalism with consumers, co-workers and outside agency personnel in order to provide high quality services and to enhance community relationships.
- Attend and participate as an active member in: a) AllHealth Network meetings and trainings as directed; b) individual and group supervision as required
- Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias (both online trainings and face-to-face trainings).
- Perform other duties within the scope of the position and within the experience of the employee as may be requested or required.
AllHealth Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.