ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Team Leader - Bellevue, NE
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
The Transportation Team Lead is responsible for the success of the team. Must possess leadership qualities and ability to motivate and lead a successful team. Responsible for team goals of expanding customer base through adding new business and maintaining primary relationships with large accounts. Identify opportunities for team to increase profitability while maintaining and growing customer loyalty. Organizational skills, dedication, enthusiasm, and reliability are imperatives for success.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prioritize work load for team members ensuring they consistently reach monthly profitability, revenue and load count goals.
- Manage team members, create "buy in" among members, develop a team driven atmosphere
- Assess team needs and put team members in position to succeed.
- Identify staffing needs to accommodate growth potential.
- Consistently grows existing business and executes sales process.
- Generate opportunities to negotiate large blocks of freight.
- Recognize when market conditions provide an opportunity to increase profit margins on customer or carrier side.
- Primary daily contact for multiple large accounts.
- Expand customer base through addition of new customers and growing existing customer business.
- Negotiates pricing and rate structure with customers and carriers.
- Must qualify potential customers and pursue from discovery to implementation.
- Takes ownership of and manages accounts.
- Must understand the importance of deadlines, remain calm and work through pressure to solve problems.
- Must display a sense of urgency associated with just-in-time shipments.
- Assess customer needs and present solutions.
- Inputs load data into transportation software data base.
- Schedules pick-up and delivery appointments for loads.
- Ensures loads are dispatched, loaded and delivered within reasonable dispatch.
- Verify that load delivers without overages, shortages or damages.
- Notify salesperson of any deviations from load schedules.
- Enter data from carrier set up packets and review and verify carrier insurance to reduce threat of claims.
- Developing and expanding relationships with customers and carriers.
- Managing repeat business.
- Maintain high level of customer service with both customers and carriers.
- Source equipment for existing freight.
- Source freight for company equipment
- Develop thorough industry knowledge and be able to use that knowledge to communicate professionally with customers and create credibility for the organization.
- Participation in company sponsored training and educational sessions.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Time Management.
- Decision Making.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organization Skills.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel is not required for this position.
- Must be able to make decisions for team members that are in the best interest of the company.
- Must display leadership qualities.
- Must have proven successful track record of sale execution.
- Must possess entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to step outside comfort zone.
- Ability to identify opportunities for consistent freight.
- Must be self-motivated, possess hunter mentality and desire to grow business.
- Ability to qualify potential customers and pursue from discovery to implementation.
- Have developed an understanding of company capabilities and capacities.
- Develop an understanding of seasonality and market conditions and how they impact supply and demand.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization, in both a team and independent environment.
- Ability to work in a multi task fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally via phone, fax, e-mail or written correspondence.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of supply chain.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Computer knowledge including, but not limited to: word processing, e-mail and spreadsheets.
- Must possess time management skills while maintaining impeccable attention to detail.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred or equivalent experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position.
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American, Tribally owned.