ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Support Services Technician - Blackstone, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
The Facilities Support Services Technician will coordinate all administrative and project support for the Training Resource Management program, (TRM) Facilities Operations Administration. Responsibilities to include scheduling of equipment, materials and supplies, and other support requirements. The Technician ensures completion of administrative requirements including project documentation and close out. The Technician also supports coordination activities and correspondence involving TRM staff, and other stakeholders as required to ensure successful delivery of the program. The position is based in Blackstone, VA at the Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) for the U.S. Department of State.
· Functions independently under the Program Manager to accomplish or coordinate/monitor all areas of responsibility and provide frequent updates, status, and reports;
· Executes and accomplishes strategies by developing coordinated goals and objectives;
· Researches, updates, and monitors standard operating procedures (SOP) in areas of responsibility;
· Identifies and provides cost and usage information to the Program Manager;
· Provides guidance on how to perform Support Services functions;
· Maintains tracking boards and electronic documents for fleet, shipping and receiving, property accountability, and other systems as required;
· Coordinates and executes fleet management duties that include vehicle scheduling, preparation, service coordination, dispatching utilizing ILMS and non-standard programs, lifecycle monitoring, modification requests, and other related functions as required;
· Operates U.S. Government vehicles up to and including 16 passenger vans as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks;
· Provides logistical support by performing or monitoring tasks associated with common carrier shipping and receiving, unpacking, storing, assembling, tracking and issuing supplies, equipment, materials, and official parcels that include Diplomatic Pouch, Courier, and USPS mail service;
· Inspects received/delivered goods, maintains inventory/logistics records, and allocates storage space, and/or delivers those goods and materials to the Receiving Office;
· Tracks and records all receiving, stocking and issuing of inventory items per U.S. government regulations;
· Monitors depletion rate of supplies, materials and equipment. Notifies Program Manager when replenishment and/or repairs and maintenance is required. Takes follow-up action to assure prompt and proper receipt of items;
· Maintains storage areas in neat and clean condition;
· Assists with stock room functions consisting of office and general supplies;
· Monitors Ariba and other support request processes for clarity, mandatory source of supply use, accountability, and tracking to ensure purchase invoices are closed out and property issued to program;
· Resolves all discrepancies of property received within individual orders;
· Picks up and delivers official mail and special delivery items;
· Escorts un-cleared building maintenance/equipment repair/delivery personnel, when necessary;
· Assists in common records management that includes property records and Personally Identifiable Information (PII);
· Employs applicable Department of State security standards and procedures to protect National Security information;
· Provides other training program support as needed;
· Travels as necessary to other CONUS training and support sites as needed; travel is not expected to be more than 25% of total work time;
· Employee requires infrequent supervision and is expected to work independently according to established policies and accepted practice.
· Must possess a high school diploma, Associate’s Degree preferred; plus seven (7) years relevant work experience;
· Minimum five (5) years experience providing support services such as fleet management, mail, courier, Diplomatic Pouch, property disposition and accountability, or facility maintenance requests and tracking;
· Two (2) years previous experience as a Support Services Technician or equivalent experience;
· Two (2) years supervisory experience preferred;
· Advanced knowledge of and experience with support services functions, practices and procedures
· Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive official U.S. Government vehicles up to and including 16 passenger vans;
· Proficient knowledge of MS Office suite and/or other general office applications is required;
· Working knowledge of military, law enforcement, and/or Government security operations;
· Working knowledge of fleet operations;
· Knowledge of supply and logistics record keeping/management (supply/logistics forms, supplies, materials inventory, and status report preparation);
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with ability to prioritize and monitor multiple tasks simultaneously;
· Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment;
· Must maintain high standards for quality of work and professional growth;
· Must be able to develop solid understanding of Department of State rules, regulations and procedures relating to acquisitions and logistics processes;
· Must be able to meet physical requirements (walking, standing, bending, and lifting of medium to heavy objects).
Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally owned company.