ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regulatory and Legal Support Spclst_FWI-GOV Contract Staff
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
The Regulatory and Legal Support Specialist will provide the knowledge for tribes and their partners to meet the regulatory requirements associated with the planning and execution of resource development on reservations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand and apply the required compliance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Provide active participation with planning processes, including permitting activities and remedial activities, ensuring that deadlines are met, and accurate information is disseminated to county and municipal governments.
- Maintain an understanding of federal, state and local regulatory rules and regulations. Have a working knowledge of IMDA and EMDP processes.
- Support senior scientific and engineering staff in the completing compliance checks of oil and gas operations on reservations and tribal lands.
- Serves as liaison between Indian tribes, agencies and commercial contractors on compliance issues, processes or methods.
- Active Listening.
- Reading Comprehension.
- Critical Thinking.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is required during the business day, out-of-area and overnight travel to be expected.
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong research, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Highly attentive to detail, with proven ability to accurately analyze lengthy legal documents.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with minimal oversight.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Public Trust clearance required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.