ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
The Office of Design and Engineering (PDCS/DE) provides expertise in architecture; landscape architecture; space programming; space planning; interior design; graphic design; sustainability; civil structure, seismic, blast, geotechnical, electrical, and mechanical engineering; telecommunications; and security.
DE directs design coordination of OBO’s building program, managing designs from planning through construction. DE monitors the performance of the architecture-engineering contractors hired to execute OBO’s projects. The office serves as the building code official, confirms the technical adequacy of construction documents, and issues building permits.
The individual will work in the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Program Development, Coordination and Support Directorate, Office of Design and Engineering, Interior Design Division (OBO/PDCS/DE/ID).
The contractor serves as an Interior Designer, providing guidance and direction on a range of interior design and space planning issues for U.S. Diplomatic facilities abroad. Working under the mentorship of a senior Interior Designer, the contractor plans and coordinates technical design requirements for a variety of United States Government (USG)-owned and operated buildings overseas, which accommodate personnel and programs of the DOS and other USG agencies, and plays a role in contractor selection and work scheduling. Design projects include, but are not limited to work space, food service areas, recreational facilities, library and conference facilities, and staff housing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Interior Designer assigned to the Interior Design Division of OBO/PDCS/DE, the contractor, under the mentorship and guidance of a senior Interior Designer, performs design support services to include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
* Plans and schedules interior design production, adjusts work procedures to accommodate available resources, and improves work methods and procedures used to produce work products;
* Reviews design submittals developed both in-house and by A/E firms to ensure project design is in accordance with accepted interior design principles, industry standards, established Departmental and Bureau policies and standards, user functional and operational requirements, and cost-effective practices; evaluates and coordinates interior design comments for technical accuracy, acceptability, consistency, and compatibility with design criteria; and resolves conflicting comments;
* Prepares space plans and test fits for lease fit out projects; Prepares detailed specifications and procurement packages for furniture and furnishings, window coverings, artwork, signage and finish materials;
* Reviews shop drawings and recommends appropriate action; and reviews value engineering proposals for sound interior design practice and conformance with established criteria, and recommends action to be taken;
* Periodically reviews existing interior design standards to incorporate lessons learned and maintains standards;
* Organizes and participates in special studies related to the global workload; prepares written reports and analysis; prepares presentation materials to include drawings, narratives and finish boards;
* Attends and participates in professional seminars, symposiums, meetings, conferences, to keep abreast of interior design trends.
* Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of architecture and commercial interior design to include programming, planning and development of design and construction documents.
* Experience selecting and specifying interior furnishings and finish materials to include addressing issues of maintenance and durability, flammability and sustainability.
* Ability to formulate and express ideas, research, analysis and technical criteria both verbally and in writing.
* Skill in utilizing various forms of computer hardware and software to complete assigned tasks, including AutoCAD, BIM/REVIT, InDesign, technical design/evaluation software, word processing, database management, and other applications used in creating, presenting and evaluating design decisions and producing design documents.
Must have active Secret clearance or higher
Travel may be required for this position; however, the Contracting Officer’s Representative must approve all travel prior to the commencement thereof.
The work is mostly sedentary. However, frequent international travel for periods less than 30 consecutive calendar days per trip is required, which can be extremely taxing both physically and psychologically, may involve long transits, layovers and time zone dislocation, and may involve multiple modes of air, land, rail, and water transportation to reach final destinations. There is considerable walking while traveling and the contractor must be capable of bending, crouching, stretching, etc., when making site visits.
The preponderance of the work is performed in an office-type setting, with adequate lighting, heating/cooling, ventilation, and protection from the elements. However, conditions in overseas posts/facilities may vary depending on the stage of construction and the location. Travel may be to countries which typically do not have the same sanitary, healthcare, and environmental conditions that exist in most of the United States. Medical precautions in the form of inoculations or other preventive medicines are routinely required. Some overseas locations require special precautions regarding food and water consumption and personal safety.
The contractor must be available to work extended work hours in conjunction with contractor schedules while at overseas project sites,
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free EmployerSBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company