ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Designer -Blackstone, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
The Instructional Designer is responsible for designing, developing and evaluating curriculum in accordance with the Instructional Systems Design model, Standard Operating Procedures, and Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation (FLETA) standards. This position requires the incumbent to work closely with other program offices, subject matter experts, multimedia specialists, and distributed learning designers to design and develop lesson plans, student materials, and instructional media. The position is based at the U.S. Department of State, Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Blackstone, VA.
· Designs, develops, plans, organizes and implements complex training solutions;
- Leads the development of needs analysis and assessment, program evaluation, instructor evaluation and course development;
- Leads in the design and development of course materials using the Instructional Systems Design model;
- Develops detailed lesson content and identify appropriate training delivery mechanisms;
- Develops planning documents, student and Instructor materials and course presentations;
- Develops learning goals and objectives, using the Instructional Systems Design model in accordance with Training and Performance Standard Operating Procedures;
- Evaluates courses and instructors based on performance criteria;
- Develops Kirkpatrick Level I, II and II assessments as well as questionnaires and user surveys;
- Stays current on policy, law and technology changes, as well as skill requirements and office directives;
- Coordinates with instructors, subject matter experts (SME), multimedia team and other program offices;
- Provides course management services, including course revisions, instructor performance evaluations, cost assessments, and making recommendations for course retirement;
- Assists curriculum management by maintaining all curriculum records, scheduling and conducting curriculum reviews, making recommendations for updates and changes, and tracking revision history;
- Evaluates pilot courses to ensure that they conform to Training and Performance Standard Operating Procedures, FLETA accreditation and adult education standards;
- Attends internal and external meetings as an Instructional Design expert;
- Provides weekly updates of course activities to the curriculum manager;
- Provides the necessary support and guidance to achieve and retain all FLETA accreditation requirements for the Program Office;
- Employee requires infrequent supervision and is expected to work independently according to established policies and accepted practice.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in adult learning, education or curriculum development; a Master’s degree or eight (8) years’ equivalent experience in instructional design, instructional technology, organizational development, or educational psychology preferred;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in curriculum design and development;
- Specialized knowledge or professional experience in several of the following: instructional systems design, education and adult learning principles, cooperative learning, programming and authoring tools;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated experience working in all five phases of the Instructional Systems Design model;
- Demonstrated experience creating assessments;
- Excellent writing, proofreading and design skills to develop training course materials;
- Must possess excellent written and spoken use of the English language;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; and attention to detail;
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Familiarity with SharePoint preferred.
Must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance (A TOP SECRET clearance may be required).
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally owned company.