ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Counsel - Bellevue and Winnebago, NE
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
The role of General Counsel will serve as the main legal partner for the company and its stakeholders; supporting various departments and the senior leadership team with all strategic initiatives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management.
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals.
- Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Base your decision-making process on ethics and integrity.
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders.
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients).
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team.
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Manages litigation action.
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes.
- Decision Making.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Strategic Thinking.
This position has supervisory responsibility over the internal legal department. This role will be responsible for recommending, recruiting, and hiring legal talent in addition to the development of those members of the legal team.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
Travel is required during the business day, out-of-area and overnight travel to be expected.
- Proven general counseling experience in business environment.
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, Native American law, litigations, labor law, tobacco, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations.
- Negotiating, writing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company.
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issues.
- Advising executives within the company.
- Working alongside other departments within the company.
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives.
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
- First class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks.
- Must have 10 years of experience gained in large law firm and/or in-house major firm.
- Bachelor’s degree of Science in Law or Juris Doctorate degree.
- MA or bachelor’s degree of Science in Business Administration will be considered an advantage.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position.
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned