ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CONCRETE FOREMAN-HCI Construction-South Sioux CIty, NE
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
HCI Construction in South Sioux City, NE is NOW Hiring for the upcoming Construction season.
To apply for this position visit our website at www.hochunkinc.com. Please reference requisition #1435
Applications can also be completed by visiting our office located at 1505 Stable Drive, in South Sioux City, NE.
Leads and coordinates activities of construction workers on work projects and assigns workers to different work tasks. Coordinate and inspect work performed by sub-contractors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be asked to lead and/or coordinate activities of co-workers while working on smaller projects.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Verify trueness of structure using plumb bob and level.
- Understand and follow Blue Prints, Drawings, and Specifications.
- Measure and mark lines on materials using a pencil, marker, chalk or marking gauge.
- Shape or cut materials to specific measurement using hand tools, machines and/or power saw.
- Erects, moves and perform duties from scaffolding, ladders, and Lifts
Keep and maintain reliable transportation to and from changing job site locations.
- Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed
- Align, straighten, plumb and square forms to the correct pitch and depth.
- Understand and follow directions with little supervision.
- Able to communicate, schedule and inspect work performed by sub-contractors.
- May supervise workers on smaller projects or under the direction of a Field Supervisor on larger projects.
- Pour and finish all types of concrete jobs including sidewalks, driveways, paving, curbs, footings, walls and floors.
- Complete company paperwork as needed.
- Able to understand smart phones and tablets, including Time Keeping, Emails, documents, submittals, etc.
- Cut concrete using a motorized concrete saw.
Understand and follow company chain of command and reporting methods.
Retain and apply what is learned as it applies to the next skill level.
Regularly attend company safety training sessions.
Complex Problem Solving.
Judgement and Decision Making.
Seeing Potential Problems
Respect for Property
Positive Attitude toward Others
This position will assist in overseeing crews assigned to their specific project. Crews will consist of laborers, apprentice and journeymen.
This job performs physically demanding work. May work at great heights or outdoors in all weather conditions. The use Personal Protection Equipment is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects.
The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Leather Steel Toe Boots
Weather Appropriate Clothing
25’ Tape Measure
Metal Speed Square
½" Cordless Drill or Impact (18 Volt or greater)
Steel Claw Bar
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (40 hrs./week). Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 7:00a.m. to 3:30p.m. with overtime as needed before/after shifts and on Saturdays.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, and regularly lift 50 pounds or more
- Capable of determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Able to perform job duties with little to no supervision
- Able to layout, form, pour and finish concrete flatwork
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- General understanding of construction practices
- Willingness to put forth extra effort
- Communication skills both verbal and written
High school diploma or Equivalent.
- Seven years or more experience in a related area preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
- Able to work 40+ hours per week
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned