ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant - Blackstone, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
The Administrative Assistant performs diverse administrative tasks in support of the Training Resource Management (TRM) Division under the guidance of TRM staff. They will coordinate day to day administrative support to TRM operations including but not limited to: tracking the usage of office materials and supplies, placing re-supply orders with the warehouse, processing time and attendance worksheets for staff and providing general help desk duties to Foreign Affairs Security Training Center staff and students to ensure successful delivery of the assigned programs. The position is based in Blackstone, VA at the Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) for the U.S. Department of State.
· Provides logistical and general support in the performance of diverse administrative tasks;
· Prepares and/or edits charts, spreadsheets, memos and other general office documents and material as required;
· Manages office databases;
· Inputs financial data, results from surveys, critiques and tests; generates performance measurement and other administrative reports;
· Assists with the analysis of data to identify and resolves issues;
· Attends meetings and captures and distributes minutes derived from the meetings;
· Prepares and/or edits standard operating procedures;
· Assists with all aspects of travel to support Program office staff to include coordinating logistics and transportation needs and the generation of government travel orders;
· Drafts routine cables utilizing the Government's cabling system, CableXpress;
· Compiles weekly activities and other routine reports for the Program office;
· Creates and maintains electronic and hard copy centralized Program office files in areas such as the budget, equipment purchase requisitions, end-of-course reports, student critiques, travel, and general correspondence;
· Provides project support and other administrative support as required;
· Performs special assignments upon request;
· Employee will require supervision and has limited opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work.
· Must possess a high school diploma, Associate’s degree preferred, together with three years (3) of relevant administrative experience;
· Must possess a basic knowledge of and experience with office and administrative functions, practices and procedures;
· Must be highly organized with attention to detail;
· Must possess excellent command of the English language;
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interface with personnel at all levels;
· Must have a basic knowledge of and experience with word processing, databases and spreadsheets and be able to operate office equipment (PCs, faxes, phones, copying machines, etc.). Applicants must demonstrate thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications (MS Word, PowerPoint). Excel experience is a must;
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally owned company.