Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Litigation Administrative Assistant | West Palm Beach, FL
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of a Litigation Administrative Assistant for one of our clients, a national servicing law firm with branches throughout the U.S., to support their team of attorneys. They specialize in a number of areas which allows a diverse work load, ability to be involved in various industries and be the “go to” person in the office. If you enjoy a responsibility level of supporting others, calendaring, maintaining attorney schedules and being involved in many different aspects of a busy office environment, then this may be the right career move for you. This is a Full-time/Direct Hire-permanent position.
General Summary of Duties:
Handles general administrative work overflow, as assigned.
- Transcribes, types and formats letters, memos. charts, tables, graphs and other documents.
- Proofreads all documents for spelling, grammar. layout, content and context. Responsible for the highest level of accuracy.
- Answers and screens telephone calls in a courteous and timely manner. Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls; takes comprehensive messages and contacts appropriate parties for necessary information and response to issues. Greets clients and provides assistance when needed.
- Responsible for the proper creation, updating, maintenance and retrieval of related files.
- Opens and closes new matters, including conflicts submission; records and monitors court appearance dates. Maintains accurate and up-to-date related databases.
- Effectively schedules meetings, arranges for conference rooms and related logistics for meetings. Meticulously maintains attorney calendars; plans and schedules conferences, teleconferences, depositions, and travel arrangements.
- Monitors incoming and outgoing mail, e-mails and faxes. Photocopies and faxes documents in a timely and accurate manner.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Minimum of three years' Litigation experience at a law firm or legal department required.
- Proven proficiency using legal terminology and experience working in related practice area(s).
- Excellent organizational skills and close attention to detail.
- Experience with court/administrative related agency filings and meeting related deadlines.
- High level of proficiency using a variety of office equipment, including personal computer, copier facsimile, telephone, dictation machine, etc.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment. Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients/contacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to utilize advanced features of Microsoft Office Suite 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook), database and presentation software and ability to navigate government and other related websites.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in West Palm Beach, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.