Academy District 20
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary School Registrar
at Academy District 20
Location:Village High School
Recruiting Start Date:07/31/2020
Estimated Start Date:08/10/2020Coordinates and directs registration activities, including the compilation and analysis of registration data for administrative use; maintains accurate, secure individual student records and official transcripts, and with authorization, provides complete records to colleges, universities, parents, and employers
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Answers telephone, provides information to callers, takes messages, forwards phone calls as appropriate, greets visitors to building, determines their needs, and provides information or directions
- Assists students as needed
- Composes, performs, and types routine correspondence and reports and updates lists
- Coordinates and processes student transcript requests for both active and inactive students
- Develops and implements office procedures and methods to ensure the efficiency of operations
- Develops and maintains required reports
- Ensures the accurate registration of all students and the dissemination of student records to receiving schools
- Files and sorts a variety of documents including sensitive and confidential information
- Interprets and explains district rules, regulations, and procedures to the public
- Maintains a complete set of accurate and timely student records containing data such as grades, credits, GPA, names, addresses, telephone numbers, immunization history, correspondence, etc.
- Maintains various databases, reports, and office filing systems
- Performs a variety of duties using various types of office equipment
- Performs routine typing activities related to departmental functions
- Prepares and processes reports which require research, computation, and compilation
- Processes and inputs data for student registration
- Processes information, paperwork, and files and routes them accordingly
- Provides assistance to other office staff
- Researches, compiles, and dispenses information to citizens, businesses, the district, and other agencies
- Tracks and verifies student information for out-of-district programs
- Verifies authenticity of documents to establish residential eligibility of a student
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accomplish many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to create, access, input, and retrieve information in various software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, administrators, departments, and the general public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to greet and interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, performing a wide range of tasks
- Demonstrates discernment, excellence, honesty, integrity, patience, perseverance, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Excellent cooperative, collaborative, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Human Resources policies and procedures
- Knowledge of basic office methods and procedures, to include appropriate telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of record keeping and filing techniques
- Knowledge of technology and related software utilized within the Human Resources department
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated successful experience in, human relations and communications
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Strong spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills
- Thorough knowledge of basic office methods and procedures, to include appropriate telephone etiquette, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- Work is generally performed within a standard office environment.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:27.5
Hours per Day:5.5 hour(s) per day
Number of Days per Year:190 days M-F
FLSA Status:United States of America (Non-Exempt)
How to Apply:
New applicants (including current district staff members) must use the Workday application portal. Documents emailed directly to a supervisor will not be considered for application purposes and will not receive a response. A completed online application also includes the following uploaded documents in PDF format:
- A current resume
Please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school/location. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting
Hiring Manager Email: