Academy District 20
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Grounds Assistant (Summer Only Position)
at Academy District 20
Recruiting Start Date:06/12/2020
Estimated Start Date:06/19/2020This Grounds Assistant vacancy is to hire for Four Temporary Seasonal positions.
Approximate dates are June through August.
- Position is not open to current District 20 260 workday employees
- Position does not offer Benefits
- Required minimum age is 18 years
- Pay is $15.94 per hour
Responsible for various grounds maintenance and repair functions relating to landscaping and operation of equipment at various District sites. Develops and promotes good community relations among various community school stakeholders.
Incumbent must meet pre-employment drug and alcohol testing requirements; subject to random drug and alcohol testing, including reasonable suspicion.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Keeps buildings and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, athletic, and play areas neat and clean at all times
- Mows lawns and trims and edges around landscaping
- Cleans out drainage ditches and or culverts
- Performs the operation of machinery and equipment including power mowers and weed trimmers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to be flexible and patient in work demands
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from many diverse backgrounds and professions including supervisors, administrators, coworkers, staff, students, parents, and the general public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to greet and interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Ability to operate and care for mechanized equipment
- Ability to work days, hours, locations, and assignments as directed by the supervisor within the position responsibilities
- Ability to work independently on assignments without supervision
- Ability to work well with individuals from many diverse backgrounds and professions
- Commitment to the education of students as a primary responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team setting
- Demonstrates citizenship, compassion, courage, discernment, excellence, honesty, hope, integrity, patience, perseverance, reliability, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness
- Demonstrates effective organizational and time management skills
- Energetic, creative, innovative, flexible
- Excellent cooperative, collaborative, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of materials, equipment, and methods used in general grounds maintenance work
- Promotes a positive climate, culture, and community
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Student-centered and relationship-focused
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- The incumbent operates primarily independently and frequently with others in a professional school environment outdoors regularly and indoors occasionally.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
- Typical demands require staff to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, and may be higher for some assignments depending on position and student need; climb stairs, ladders, and/or stools; reach, hold, grasp and turn objects; use fingers to operate computer keyboards; feel the shape, size and temperature of objects
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Hours per Day:8.0 hour(s) per day
Number of Days per Year:Temporary Worker Assign
FLSA Status:United States of America (Non-Exempt)
How to Apply:
New applicants (including current district staff members) must use the Workday application portal. Documents emailed directly to a supervisor will not be considered for application purposes and will not receive a response. A completed online application also includes the following uploaded documents in PDF format:
- A current resume
Please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school/location. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting
Hiring Manager Email: