ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Associate (1st Shift)
at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
- Distribution Center
Pick and convey product to fill store orders for distribution from the warehouse.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the team member encounters while performing the essential duties and functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly exposed to humid conditions while working inside the warehouse.
- The team member is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The team member is occasionally exposed to working in high, precarious places (greater than 6ft).
- The team member is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain standing for long periods of time, upwards of 12 hours at a time, and frequently move about throughout the work area or warehouse distribution center.
- Must regularly lift and/or maneuver up to 50 pounds of product, and required to accurately maintain minimum production standards set by the specified warehouse work station.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms for product or merchandise that may be out of a comfortable distance and use hands to properly handle, finger or feel for any picked product or object.
- A person in this position is occasionally required to communicate to other team members or their supervisor, in regards to work duties, tasks or any potential safety concerns that may arise in their work area or the warehouse distribution center.
- Occasionally ascends and descends lift platforms safely to areas of the warehouse sometimes in excess of 6ft or more, using appropriate protective equipment.
- Frequently required to move, position, and/or rotate themselves in a way to access products and/or objects in the work area or warehouse in harder to reach areas and/or below waist level or above shoulder level.
- A person in this position may occasionally require their sense of smell, in order to identify or distinguish areas where product damage may have taken place, if the product is hidden from plain sight.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision (at 20 inches or less), distance vision (at 20 feet or more), peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Reads production schedule and store shipping orders or requisitions to determine product to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Opens cases, boxes and containers of product from designated storage location in distribution center.
- Picks and conveys product accurately from storage locations to conveyor or another specified area in distribution center.
- Participates in cycle count by physically scanning product in line to ensure accurate counts for all store orders.
- Boxes and seals up picked product to ready for store shipment.
- Accounts for any damages occurred during shift and cleaning any spills or breakages associated with the damaged merchandise or product.
- Sets up and cleans to prepare for next work day, including folding new boxes and sweeping/picking up of assigned work areas.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates and Licenses: forklift experience required