A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ATSU - Associate Vice President Student Affairs
at A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
A.T. Still University is seeking an Associate Vice President of Student Affairs, who will report to the Vice President of Student Affairs. In conjunction with the VPSA, the Associate VP establishes and achieves measurable goals and objectives for ATSU Student Affairs are congruent with the University Strategic Plan. This position is located on the ATSU-Arizona Campus. The purpose of this position is to oversee and supervise the Student Affairs staff and offices under his/her supervision. This includes the administration of such functions as new student orientation, graduation, student leadership, student wellness, advising, disciplinary issues, student advocacy, counseling services, academic support/advising, and liaison to the academic deans, faculty and administration.
The Associate Vice President is the second in charge of the Student Affairs department and acts on behalf of the Vice President during his/her absence (i.e. vacation, conferences, illness, etc.)
Major Job Duties:
- Supervise Student Affairs staff per the organizational chart for the department
- Responsible for the whole Student Affairs department during the absence (vacation, conference, etc.) of the Vice President (i.e. Admissions, Registrar, & Financial Services)
- Participate weekly in virtual leadership meetings with the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Student advocate and ombudsperson for all ATSU students
- Liaison with ATSU-Arizona campus dean’s offices, administration, and non-academic university departments.
- Meet on a regular basis (i.e. quarterly and/or monthly) with the Arizona Academic Deans
- Supervise the Director of Student Life; who is responsible for: New student orientation, graduation, Founder’s Day, student organizations and leadership, career/professional development and recruitment fairs, student housing, and other extra-curricular student activities.
- Supervise the Director of Student Wellness; who is responsible for: Managing the Thompson Campus Center recreational facility located on the Kirksville, MO campus; and is in charge of student wellness planning for all ATSU residential students.
- Supervise the Director of Learning & Disability Resources who oversees the learning advisors and the disability advisor and the testing center on Arizona campus
- Supervise the Behavioral Health Wellness Counselors (MHWC) who provided mental health counseling support to students on the Arizona and Missouri campuses.
- Crisis intervention and oversight of counseling/academic resources
- On-call for student and campus emergencies on the Arizona campus.
- Member of the Arizona Campus Emergency Team
- Suggest and write policy revisions and new student policies as needed
- Support the Technical Standards and ADA needs for the university
- Serve on University committees as required
- Ombudsperson/liaison (non-voting) for student promotion’s boards (SOMA, ASDOH, and ASHS-PA)
- Assign staff to appropriate university and campus-based committees
- In collaboration with the Vice President for Student Affairs, represent the University at academic and professional conferences (NASPA, AOA, NACHC, etc.)
- Conduct staff assessments annually and performance reviews as needed
- Approve and promote professional development for department staff
- Oversee the budgets for Student Affairs and collaborate with the Vice President on annual budget requests
- Meet with Directors on a regular schedule (weekly, bi-monthly, etc.)
- Travel to the Missouri/California campuses as needed
- Serve as a co-advisor, with the VP-SA, to the University Student Association (USA); along with the Administrative Manager for the DMSc online program
- In collaboration with the Vice President for Student Affairs, acting as a disciplinary advisor to the Academic Deans, Office of Academic Affairs, and University Legal Counsel.
- Advocate and promote the Still Well program and facilities on all university campuses
- Provide ATSU President with updates as directed
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Keep the Vice President for Student Affairs fully informed of all Student events, issues, etc.
- Stay informed of all major functions, events, issues, etc. throughout the Student Affairs Department
- Support the University Student Association
- Support the Technical Standards and ADA needs on all campuses
- Work collaboratively with the Arizona Academic Deans and the Office of Academic Affairs
- Work collaboratively with all non-academic University departments
- Promote student wellness
- Prepare and manage annual department budget
- Five to ten years of experience in Student Affairs leadership positions are required
- A bachelors and postgraduate study (master's or doctoral) from an accredited university are required
- A master's degree in higher education administration or student affairs is strongly preferred